Saturday, March 5, 2011

AT's PTTP Experience

Ugh! 

Rey, Jason, Ulrich, myself, Malo, Cracker, Veej and Charlie G (aka. Frank) showed up for the ride & proudly flew the gang colors.  Schiebs pulled a Schiebs... heretofore a verb.

We all decided to take the lead at the start to lessen the newbie rider issues through the park... and it worked well.  Awesome fast ride through the rolling park hills.  Rey and Jason took the lead of course...  and for a silly second I thought about drafting them... then realized that was stupid and enjoyed 63 miles with the Hessian instead.  Ullrich and I pushed it pretty hard... catching up with Jason at the halfway point (I'm guessing Rey was already back in the barn by then!).  Veej was behind us, and the rest were behind Veej.

Story of the day was the wind.  If I pinned a tail on Ullrich, I'm convinced  I could have flown him.  Two hellacious sections had crosswinds that had us listing by 10 degree's easily for about an hour... and headwinds that had us at 11mph for 45+ minutes... working really hard!  Not fun.  Oh yeah... then it rained for 20 minutes.  Ulrich and I were fortunate to be at the midway point by then, and timed it perfectly!!!!   No rain for us... and for the next 15 miles, we enjoyed sunshine and a tailie that had us cruising at 35mph smiling and laughing  like idiots!!!

Oh yeah, and that embrocation ointment (that I tried for the first time)... it's the gift that keeps on giving!!!!  I'm still on fire and going to see my doctor on Monday if it doesn't cool down.  Never again... Jesus!

All that complaining aside... it was a great ride... and even better cheeseburgers once it was over! 

Power to the People!

No comments: