Wednesday, March 9, 2011

PedalHard!

What an awesome workout today. Numbers weren't great, but the experience was a personal best.

Rode at PedalHard. Since I was the only guy in the lunch class, Kevin saddled up his backup bike and rode the computrainer with me. Think Shoeless Joe playing catch with "the Kid" in Field of Dreams. He turned on the draft functionality, and we took some turns pulling, all at my power thresholds (of course).

Observations:
1. Pro Cyclists never really lose it. He was effortlessly holding power that took serious concentration for me.
2. Cadence is King. KL was spinning at 95rpm on the flats, and only dropping to higher grind on the inclines.
3. That dude KNOWS his power. He could hold the target within 2-3 watts like a freakin' machine. When I pulled, my power varied +- 10 Watts from the target, and my RPMs slid around as well.
4. I want to party with Vinokourov



KL setting the pace for the Big German!

No comments: