Saturday, December 11, 2010

Two best rides ever in back to back weeks!

Today was one for the ages! Stanton and Vijay had last minute changes so that left us with Panozzo, La Vell, Cracker, me and my buddy from work Sean. The morning started off with Mauricio showing us all his new power tap which quite frankly worried me and I was right to worry. We decided to roll the Modified Epic (the Mod Aussie w/ the Lime Creek loop).

Good warm up and an uneventful ride down to Panozzo's Point. We bombed it down to the dam and then got spread out on the climb. Mauricio and Sean passed me pretty quickly and while I did see them again, it was from......how should I say, "a distance" Then the Wulf reeled me in and passed. Cracker and I trying to save something for the three bitches controlled our ascent up to Walgreen's. Down to the lake on Bullick and then over the creek and thru the woods to three bitches' house we rode! The three ladies kind of surprised me and came earlier than I expected. Wulf again passed me on the ascent and this time he was chatting about something and smiling. I wasn't smiling.

Everyone survived and we regrouped at the top. Panozzo led us thru Spicewood and inflicted serious pain. How great would it be to have a tailwind up 360? Schwinnng! Coffee at Lola's was particularly sweet. Overall, one of the best rides we have done! Cracker comes out after not being around for a while and rolls a serious 56 miler. He must be training offline somewhere! Sean was strong like bull and stayed with Mauricio all day. Dude you gotta come back. This ride after last week's Andice roll have made realize why I do this!

One last thing. Is there any truth to the rumor (that I started) that Hoodie and Perkins are out training at altitude? Hey Coach, how was the "soccer" game?

Ullrich

No comments: