Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lost Horizons Roll - 12/4/10

The Dough convened in its northernmost boundary this morning, spinning from the Kasa de Karl to Andice. Day got off to a wild start, as we cornered a possum in Sheible's front yard.
Roster was me, Hoodie, Ullrich, Scheible, Malo, Stanton, Lovell, Panozz, and guest punishers Steve G, and Brent HomeAway.
Hard to get rolling. As in, "Hey, my shoes don't fit into my pedals..." Malo has been all over the globe in the last month, so we will let it slide. But there will be a code of conduct add to cover lack of proper gear. Scheible performed some bike surgery, and 30 minutes late-r, we were on the road.
Slow climbs and sweet rollers were the call for the day, as we churned some butter on some pretty sweet track out to Andice. Early ride dew left us a little tentative, but we turned up the heat on the way home. Bad luck for Panozz on the way back. Two punctures led to a lot of downtime. First one came at a strategically good spot for me, as I was trying to tuck my heart back into my chest after a 4-man death spin. Second one got him stranded, as the only guy that stopped (Hoodie) is rolling tubes big enough to run my Cross bike.Sorry Panozz!
BTW, pickled eggs are not that great for in-ride nutrition. That is a gift that continues to give back. Check the website tomorrow for pics. But I will leave you with a shot of Wulf, Hoodie and Ullrich playing "What's My Line?"


http://connect.garmin.com/activity/58776914

3 comments:

Ullrich said...

What a great ride! So much easier to keep up on rollers versus the hills around here. 19.3 mph average for 55 miles is pretty sweet to me. It seems I was playing rabbit with no one giving chase. Well at least I pressed hard the ten miles. Riding "in" the peloton was a real treat.

Ullrich

Ullrich said...

No mention of the mid-ride sprint for points? I believe the finish went Steve G 1st, Perkins 2nd, and then Panozzo 3rd????

Texas Rouleur said...

Ullrich nailed it. Race to the Andice city limits finshed as he recalled. Who followed (4th/5th/6th)?