Monday, December 6, 2010

Power or No?

Panozz got his SRM Powermeter today. Sweet deal off EBay. So add him to the list Rey! And welcome to the club Mauricio! I can totally understand the anti-power sentiment. Unless you are getting paid to pedal,  a powermeter transcends any argument for "need" that you could muster. But I don't care what others think about my rig. As a bean counter royale, the lure of measuring, recording and analyzing my actual (and as it turns out mediocre) effort overcomes any common sense arguments about need. Riding is about the experience. The ascetic in the peloton views technological advances as a threat to his soul. For him, Jester hill repeats on a fixie are the only true path to enlightenment. That is fine with, but not for, me.  I will take every advantage offered.  Compact crank? Yep. 11/28. Uh-huh. Carbon rims? Don't mind if I do. Garmin? Hellz yeah! Power Meter? fuh-shiz. My rig is jiggy fly, as the Guz so dubbed it. If you like it, great. If not, then kick it with your old school downtube shifters. I am sure that Di2 is overrated.

1 comment:

Ullrich said...

Hey Coach, get off the fence and tell us how you feel! I appreciate your to each his own attitude. Kind of like...live and let live.

Ullrich