Saturday, June 4, 2011

Old School

What a crew this morning! Charlie, Blaine!, Loaf, Ullrich, AT, VJ, me, Malo!, Bergie, and Q rolled at 7am from Lola. Hoodie was a late scratch. Too much birthday libations is my bet. Happy Birthday big fella!!

Dam Loop (Spicewood Springs version).

Weather was as good as you can get in June. And no wind!! finally. Rolled a very leisurely pace to 620, when the pelo started to break up. AT, Loaf, Q and Bergie were off the front, Charlie on their heels. Me and the rest of the crowd comprising the laughing group.

I separated a bit from the guys on the dam, trying to push an even LT pace. At the top of climb1, there sits our boy Chad, wrestling with a tire puncture. I stopped to render aid. Can't leave a Chad hanging. This ain't Dade County. So I gave him a tube and a co2. Oddly, the contents of my Rapha bag were unfamiliar (it wasn't mine). Sorry Hoodie.

Cranked up the remainder of the hill to a very impatient group. They had bought a bag of ice, and let's just say it was half-melted. Did some nice pulls from there thru Anderson Mill. It was game on on Spicewood, with a lot of the pack working for good position to attack on the final bump. Bergie and Q did most of the pulling, with the rest of us just biding our time. Somehow I won the bump, but it cost me most of my matches.

360 was just a tempo ride for me, given the state of my matchbox. Bergie, Q and the Loaf busted off the front. I hear that Bergie inflicted most pain on the way home. Q and Bergie are frightening on the inclines. AT is ever the aggressor. Loaf is getting back into form, which is scary. Malo (sleeker version post 20lb weight loss) looked strong, as did VJ. Charlie and Blaine ripped the course at different points in the ride. Ullrich managed to keep his avg HR under 159, which should make his coach happy. Lotta interest in the new kits. Hoodie, time to crank up the creative machine!!

Great post roll conversation at Lola's, including an excellent Machiatto, paid for by Malo!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/90058850

No comments: