Sunday, May 1, 2011

How did he get the beans above the frank?

Ultra slow roll today. Me, Hoodie and Scheible rolled at noon from Lola. Sheibs styled in his IndyFab Fixie. Very nice. Since we all wanted a Sunday Stroll, we headed south on 360, catching the breeze on the way down. Good pace for conversation, and we chatted it up like a gaggle of T3 riders at the Walgreens.

AT passed us in his little mule, apparently on his way to taste some dirt.

Turned around under Mopac, and headed North on 360, into the wind. As we spun under 360, somebody goosed me from behind. This may be commonplace in the racing community, but I am rolling on a virgin saddle, if you know what I mean. It was the Guz! He was on his way home after some grueling TT intervals, so able to join us in some light conversation. The Guz looks to be in good form, definitely ready to inflict some sour pain on the Cat 2 peloton. Get it Guz!!

We took 360 all the way to the bridge. At a leisurely pace. The only stress in the day's ride was caused by the fixie. Scheibs lagged on the first descent, so I didn't witness the spinnage. As we regrouped at Westlake Drive, The Scheibenator says "I was pedaling so hard, I almost literally shit myself."  I shit you not. He followed with a declaration about his junk getting sucked into his redeye vortex. Ouch.

Given these statements, I decided to witness the descent into the bridge turnaround. As the Scheibs hit terminal velocity, his legs were spinning freakishly fast. Think RoadRunner's legs. I was afraid he was gonna launch from the IF! Was I laughing? Guilty. Did the Scheibs evacuate against his will? NOT guilty. Are the beans and the frank all in the right place? You will have to ask the Scheib.

Y'all have a great week!

No comments: