Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Saturday's morning crew met at Lola's at 8:00. Rip Cord, Dr Fuentes, and Ullrich rolled the Mod Aussie. Forty miles and no drama on the menu. I had a plan to ride an endurance pace, AT had a series of four intervals to crank up his HR to a certain zone.

And Dr Fuentes??? I think he was along for the ride. I also think he is quietly becoming a beast. Gone are the wobbly out of true wheels, his pedal stroke looks smooth and consistent. After Coach's comment about his natural bald legs, I think he may have gone under the knife and shaved his legs. Could it be?

It was windy at 6:00 am when I got up and it was windy at the 8:00 o'clock start. It was windy at our finish. It was just friggin windy all day! Down Bee Cave there was a vicious cross wind that turned into a tailee along 620. Quick stop at Walgreen's (well not as quick as AT wanted) Adam pulled along 620 to Anderson Mill. 25mph was like a walk in the park. I pulled the train along Anderson Mill and then Adam took another pull on Spicewood.

AT peeled off at Rob Roy and Dr Fuentes and I finished with coffee at Lola's. We made plans for the upcoming MS 150 Dough roll. If you are doing the MS 150 look for an e-mail from me with details on where and when to drop off your Saturday bag for delivery to the LCRA facility. Looking forward to our next big ride.

Ullrich

No comments: