Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pedal (kinda) Hard

Soggy Saturday here in the ATX. While there were a handful of hardmen on the road today, I was not amongst them. Perhaps it was the rain, or the lightning, or the wind. Big deal killer was the postride cleaning. I just don't like skanking out the bike, then having to clean it up right after a big ride.

Such lethargy drove ME and Ullrich to the 10am PedalHard class. Andrew "Mighty Mouse" was running the show solo this morning, and did a great job. It's amazing how efficient those guys are at setup, course selection and most importantly, music choices. Some great tunes today. Hoodie-style.

SUPERFLUOUS OBSERVATION: PedalHard is the only format where someone like Andrew/Colton/Stephan would EVER be in a position to bring a schmo like me a water bottle. Someone once asked me if there was a noticeable difference between me and those guys (I will include KL and Brant in that group as well). Uhhh, yeah. My response: Imagine a matchup in the Octagon, Toddler vs Ninja. I am the one soiling his pants....

Here's to hoping for some sunshine tomorrow!

No comments: