Sunday, October 23, 2011

Solo October Rollers, or How to get a Big Tank

Best riding weather of the year in the ATX. Saturday plans were flummoxed by kid's soccer, prompting an audible. To get the best of both worlds, Tyler and I rode up to the game, logging a couple of hours in the saddle before watching some paint dry (0-0 draw). Missed the road cleanup crew this quarter, but looks like the team was more than up to the task.

Saw VJ on 620, styling on his new steed. Looked pretty comfortable Veej!

Sunday weather was excellent, if a little windy. I was tasked with a base-builder, 4-hour roll. Not too many times I have ridden that long on a solo mission, but today was one of those days. Did the full Aussie, plus the Lime Creek Loop. Riding by myself, I was able to minimize stoppage time. But did stop long enough to get a shot from atop the tres bichadas. Love that stretch.


Bombs Away!

Halfway through the ride I ran up on the wheel of a friend from the neighborhood. Coincidentally, he was doing his first Mod Oz, using a cue sheet I had given him 6 months ago. So I dialed it back (and talked him into a full Oz!). Good times.

When I got home, I noticed an email from MJ's with the following picture:

Steel. The new carbon.

Take out the papers and the trash!

No comments: