Saturday, February 19, 2011

Boom Boom Pow - Hoodie style

Big crowd today. Hoodie, Dr Fuentes, Wulf, Yeti, Silencer, Bergamo, and me. Coach stopped by to drop off some equipment for delivery to the Invisible Tree. Weird weather, weird start. Realizing that I could go no where without shoes, I hopped in the car and told the Boys I would meet them up the road.

Apparently, Hoodie decided to make everyone suffer for my missing footwear. I barely got out of the car at the meeting spot before Hoodie was rolling up. Doc rode up later and complained about his average speed during the "warm up".

Headed down 620 out of Lakeway towards the dam. Everything was good until the last downhill at the dam. Hoodie had a bit of a blow out on the downhill. We all passed him thinking......, well I don't know what we were thinking. Everyone of us just rolled by him. He said later he called for help. With a hole in his tire after replacing his first tube he limped up to Walgreen's. A hammer gel foil inserted and a new tube installed, we left. At Anderson Mill, Hoodie completed the trifecta with a flat on his front tire. Boom boom pow.

Nice paceline on Spicewood (Sean great pull at the end!), and no head wind on 360 was just what we needed. Coffee at Lola's and then Hoodie and I rode back to my car. I think Todd needed more time in the saddle and he needed to burn off some frustration.

It was a survival ride that really had no rhythm. Hope tomorrow is better.

No comments: